BLACK TIGER L45, my custum-built anomalous 5-legged robot, will join the competition and also tried the course for trainning on Dec 18th.
Multi-legged robot is gradually popular among Japanese robot builders recently. Turtle robot was put on the market by KONDO in 2010. Robot Survival Game using multi-legged robots were carried out 4 times in 2010. Crafthouse's hexapod Cobra got the 2nd Place of Unlimited Section at MARS CHALLENGER Contest on 29 Aug 2010. KONDO also plans this multi-legged robot competition.
Regulations of the Multi-Legged Robot Obstacle Race are as follows.
1. Robot body regulation
1) KONDO servos have to be used.
2) There is no limitation of number of axes.
3) Weight of Robot is 3 k g or under.
4) Robot body size (arms are folding) are height 30 cm, width 30cm and depth 30 cm or under.
5) Moving by wheels is prohibited.
6) Control board is free.
7) Robot has to be controled by wireless or autonomus. Wired control is prohibited.
2. Course regulation
1) Obstacles are set in the KONDO CUP KHR Class Soccer Field.
2) The most narrow width of the course is 400 mm and the lowest height of the course is 400 mm.
3) Material of the floor depends on each obstacle.
3. Competition regulation
1) Just one robot tries the course.
2) Time from the start point to goal is recorded. The shotest time robot is winner.
3) Each robot can try the course twice.
4) Robot has to reach the goal within 3 mins and the time over robot is retired.
5) Robot gone out of the course is retired.
KONDO LAND Attraction Guide
Various kinds of 6 obstacles set in the race course are as follow;
The 1st attraction : `Gattan` Seesaw
A big seesaw, which size are 500 mm in width and 700 mm in length with an inclination of 15 degrees.
It is important for robot to have power of climbing a steep grade with controlled balance.
Degree of Difficulty：★☆☆☆☆
The 2nd attraction: Magic Wall
A road, which size are 600 mm width and 1000 mm in length with 3 pushing robots. Robots have to take great care not to be push out of the course by the pushing robots which are moving right and left.
Degree of Difficulty：★★☆☆☆
The 3rd Attraction: Mootan House
A big tunnel, which size are 1200 mm width and 1200 mm length with a pitfall (400 x 400 mm). Robots fallen into the trap, cannot return the race course.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★☆☆
The 4th attraction: Wobbly Bridge
A Board Bridge, which size are 400 mm width and 700 mm length, revolves on an axis. If robots walk the edge of bridge, robots fall down from the bridge. Robots have to walk fast in the center of board.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★★☆
The 5th attraction: Swirling Straits
Robot fallen down from the pitfall of Mootan House, has to pass through the most difficult Swirling Straits. Space of 900 mm width and 1000 mm length, filled with sponge balls is too hard to walk.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★★★
The 6th attraction: Reverse Street
Belt conveyor street of 500 mm width and 700 mm is moving reverse direction. Robot has to walk with high speed.
Degree of Difficulty：★★★★★
BLACK TIGER L45 and Waniwani tried the obstacle course except for Reverse Street. Wobbly Bridge and Swirling Straits are difficult for all robots.
Last count 9330